Please use the National Pinochle Association (NPA) Nomination Form to submit nominees for consideration to the Hall of Fame.
The National Pinochle Association Hall of Fame was established to promote and advance the game of pinochle. It also recognizes members who have made noteworthy contributions to a local chapter and or the National Pinochle Association. Any person or group may nominate an individual for consideration for induction into the National Pinochle Association Hall of Fame. A nominee must have been a member of NPA a minimum of 15 years, living or dead, prior to the nomination. Candidates will be evaluated on their contributions and their admiration for the game of pinochle.
The Hall of Fame nominations committee is a sub-committee of the Research & Education Committee. The nominations committee will review all nominations and submit to the Executive Committee for presentation to the Board of Directors for final approval. The final ballot will be limited to 4 nominees. Up to two (2) individuals may be inducted in each annual cycle. Note: It is the responsibility of the Hall of Fame nominee committee to review and revise the criteria eligibility. Any changes need to be announced to the Board of Directors/Hall of Fame membership by the MLK Tournament Business Meeting in January and before any announcement is made to the NPA membership.
Any person may submit a nomination directly to the National Pinochle Association Hall of Fame nominations committee for consideration. Nomination forms can be obtained from the NPA Hall of Fame Nominations Committee by calling (334) 782-7120, or writing to:
NPA Hall of Fame
c/o Ricardo Randle
636 Whistlewood Road
Montgomery, AL 36117
Nomination packages should be forwarded by mail to the NPA Hall of Fame at the above address. Receipt of these nominations will be acknowledged by the NPA Hall of Fame nominations committee.
Timeline for Nomination/Induction Process
- A call for nominations will be announced after the Annual Tournament in September and close on November 30th of each year.
- The Hall of Fame nominee committee chairperson will accept biographical information and or other details for each nominee. The committee will compile all of the yearly nominees and provide that information to the committee members by December 31st.
- The nominations committee will review and then confirm those being eligible and select the top 4 nominees by the MLK Tournament in January.
- If two or less nominations are received by the Hall of Fame Committee, the nominations will be submitted to the Board of Directors for a vote at the Semi-Annual Tournament and Convention to determine if individuals should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. A 70% approval of the BOD will be needed to approve these inductees.
- The nominations committee chairperson will announce to the NPA membership the final ballot by February 1st.
- The nominations committee chairperson will work with the NPA Corresponding Secretary to send out the final ballot, including all significant biographical information, to all NPA Chapters along with the agenda. The voting on the final ballot will be held during the Board of Directors meeting at the Semi-Annual Tournament.
- The nominee committee chairperson will announce the final ballot results on the last day of the scheduled events during the Semi-Annual tournament in April.
- The nominee committee chairperson will be responsible for corresponding directly with those receiving the majority vote, hence their induction into the NPA Hall of Fame.
- The Research and Education Committee will coordinate any honors to the inductees. The induction celebration will be held in conjunction with the NPA Annual Tournament banquet held in September.
- Awards will be presented at the induction ceremony. A plaque is designed and presented to each nominee selected. Names of the awarded will be displayed in the virtual Hall of Fame on the NPA website.